If you are a professional boxer or a normal person who fell down the stairs and lost their teeth here at Lounge Clinic our Sports Dentistry branch deals with the prevention and treatment of dental injuries and related oral diseases associated with any kind of sport. Our specialists will help you gain back your teeth after any kind of accident you have been through.
Invisalign: Unlike the more traditional braces or retainers, Invisalign is a virtually invisible method of straightening your teeth. You will be fitted with removable, see-through aligners that have been specifically crafted to fit your teeth.
1. Aesthetics; No one will likely even notice that you are straightening your teeth because the aligners are practically invisible.
2. You can remove the aligners for eating, that means you can eat gum, apples, toffee, popcorn and other foods traditionally “forbidden” during orthodontic treatment.
3. Hygiene with traditional braces and clear braces you are more likely to get cavities during treatment because it is much harder to keep braces clean. In contrast, you can remove Invisalign and brush and floss as normal.
4. Comfort ; you won’t gouge your tongue or soft tissues on sharp wires, and in general the aligners are more comfortable than brackets and wires.
5. Dating ; no awkward metal-mouth kisses with Invisalign
6. The Invisalign diet? I lost weight during treatment with Invisalign. While no clinical studies have been done, think how much weight you would lose if every time you wanted to snack you had to consciously take out the aligners, put them in their case, eat the food, then brush your teeth and the aligners and put them back in.
7. Grind your teeth in your sleep? Not to worry, the trays, and subsequent plastic retainers will keep you from wearing down your enamel.
8. Whiter teeth? A lot of dentists will throw in free or very low cost whitening treatments with Invisalign, using the aligners as the whitening tray. Negotiate this up front, because your ortho will add in a couple extra stages with no attachments (the ceramic bumps which help the aligners grab your teeth).
There are 2 main disadvantages with Invisalign:
1- Limited applicability ; you might have a misalignment that can’t be treated with Invisalign, or is much harder requiring much more skill on the part of your ortho to treat with Invisalign.
2- Lack or responsibility; let's say you forgot to wear your aligners half the time, this could mean you will spend twice as long in treatment. Or say you lose an aligner, or two, or all of them.